Mage: The Ascension - Hawthorne Heights
Forces is the Sphere governing over all energy and movement in our world.
Forces is one of the most popular Spheres for its flashy Effects, versatility (both offensive and defensive), and the massive scale of power available to the Mage in possession.
Forces Effects deal damage on 1 to 2 ratio.
Existing Forces deal aggravated damage; however, generated Forces only deal lethal damage unless they are enhanced with Quintessence or Prime 2.
Forces 1 – Dedicant
- Sense and read energy (i.e. weather patterns, electricity, fire, radiation, etc.)
- Attune to lesser Forces (hear radio broadcasts, night vision, see ultraviolet light, acclimate to cold water or hot water without issue, etc.)
Forces 2 – Initiate
- Bend Forces (control a single force of available energy on a lesser scale – i.e. cause a fuse box to short out, throw a fireball with a lighter, cause great gusts of wind, lessen gravity, etc.)
- Create Forces Ward (only a single force may be deflected at a time – 1 to 2 ratio – deplete after defense)
- Attune to Forces (watch television by seeing the appropriate wavelength, etc.)
Forces 3 – Disciple
- Control intermediate Forces (control multiple existing Forces on a personal level – cause a campfire to become a bonfire, cause a car engine to explode, cause an electrical socket to shoot a bolt of lightning, turn invisible, turn light into darkness, etc.)
- Create lesser and intermediate Forces (generate Forces on a personal level – throw a fireball, move objects with telekinetic force, generate lights, make a person fly, etc.)
- Create Forces Shield (multiple forces may be deflected – 1 to 2 ratio – do not deplete after defense)
- Transmute lesser Forces (turn cold into heat, wind into electricity, etc.)
Forces 4 – Adept
- Control and generate greater Forces (change local weather patterns, set a building on fire, negate gravity in an area, make a bus invisible, create an explosion, etc.)
- Adepts of Forces are graced with a natural resistance to the elements (+1 point of armor against natural Forces)
Forces 5 – Master
- Control and generate massive Forces (turn day into night in a city, create a storm of fire over several city blocks, create a localized earthquake, create a tidal wave, etc. – even greater forces can be effected with Correspondence – solar flares, light on the surface of the moon, etc.)
- Control and generate energy on a sub-atomic level (radiation, atomic bombs, etc.)