Mage: The Ascension - Hawthorne Heights
Entropy is the Sphere presiding over all chance, decay, order, chaos, and fate.
Entropy is a widely varied Sphere, but is often shirked for its connotation with death and destruction and its highly paradoxical nature.
Entropy while not a Sphere often used to attack directly, does damage on a 1 to 1 ratio.
Entropy 1 – Dedicant
- Sense chance and decay (which slot machine is going to give jackpot soon, the weakest link in a chain)
- Sense powerful karmic ties and fate (two people destined to fall in love, two people destined to destroy one another, that a high school student is at the pique of his life)
- Able to detect inconsistencies and abnormalities in an argument, study, or report.
Entropy 2 – Initiate
- Manipulate little chance (make slot machine give jackpot, manipulate a game of cards, cause someone to spill a tray)
- Enchant lesser patterns (Forces, Entropy – i.e. complex machinery can fail or be ensured, an electrical fuse could blow, a fire could start from a simple spark etc.)
- Initiates of Entropy are able to detect Paradox with Awareness Perception rolls
Entropy 3 – Disciple
- Manipulate chance (perfect drive across town, your enemy getting fired for a paperwork issue, make someone spill their drinks for the rest of the night)
- Manipulate some intermediate patterns (Spirit, Matter – i.e. a lesser spirit could appear to haunt a place, a chain could break with little interference)
- Lesser curses and blessings (plus and minus difficulty to mundane dice rolls)
Entropy 4 – Adept
- Manipulate destiny/fate (curse someone never to have children, make it impossible for someone to leave town due to circumstances, make it impossible for someone to afford their rent, etc.)
- Manipulate intermediate patterns and some advanced patterns (Correspondence, Time, Life – i.e. ensure a child has blonde hair or will be able to sing when they grow up, cause a disruption in the consensus of a maze so that no one finds the exit, disrupt the flow of time at an amusement park making consensus of time more difficult)
- Create contract/geas (if you promise to do this I will do that, should either of us fail the offender’s luck will turn terribly bad, never be able to drink again, never walk into church again, etc.)
- Supernatural curses and blessings (pluses and minuses to dice rolls that are involved in a Gift, Rite, Effect, etc.)
- Adepts of Entropy are able to detect a geas, blessing, or curse in others with a Perception Awareness roll
Entropy 5 – Master
- Create fate/destiny (a child will be born that will bring down the evil king, you will betray your own cause without ever knowing it, once every other generation in this family a child will be born with psychic powers)
- Directly attack patterns with Entropy
- Eternal curses and blessings (permanent pluses and minuses to rolls are possible)
- Manipulate all patterns (Mind, Prime – i.e. cause someone’s mental pattern to begin to unravel, cause the Quintessence in a Wonder or Node to become corrupted or unravel)
- Stroke Paradox (trigger Paradox in another Mage, attempt to unravel a Paradox spirit or effect with great difficulty)
- The divine contract (a poorly understood art of casting Effects – this contract is very specific, and most importantly cannot be undone through counter magic; however, it must have some clause in it that allows it to be broken – the most popular example is the sleeping curse, only breakable by true love’s first kiss)